- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and seeds removed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pineapple, diced and cored, juices reserved
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 small jalapeno, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 bone-in, center-cut pork chops
For the marinade:
Blend all the ingredients in a large bowl. Place in a resealable plastic bag and add the pork chops. Marinate in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
For the salsa:
Mix all the salsa ingredients in a medium bowl. Taste for seasoning. Set aside for 10 minutes for flavors to meld.
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Remove chops from marinade. Grill for 5 minutes per side for a medium rare and 8 minutes for medium. Remove chops from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Spoon the salsa on top.