Sunday, July 4, 2010

"Ball" jars...

When my grandma passed away, she left my mom with DOZENS of old "Ball" jars - mainly used for canning.

My mom didn't know what to do with them, so she stored them in the basement... but I secretly took them to use as design elements around my apartment :)

I love using them to store things in... or put together with a small collection of items.

They can be used in the living room, to the bathroom, to the kitchen, even outdoors...

I am obsessed with them... and think they are the cutest things - big or small. You can find them at most craft stores, thrift shops, or antique shops.

Use them to store kitchen utensils in... or perch on a shelf for a great decoration.
Use them to make a light fixture! This idea is pure genius from Shelterpop.
Sometimes, they don't have to be decorated at all... simplicity reigns supreme in this design from Southern Hospitality.
Love the idea of using the "Ball" jar as a vase... great for weddings too. This one comes from High Street Market.
How romantic is this?! Perfect for an outside deck. Pop a bottle of wine, and you're good to go. Props to Thrifty Decor Chick for this one.
Terrarium anyone? This is a genius idea from fernseed.


No comments:

Post a Comment