Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cherry "Dilly Bar" Inspired Treats

It's springtime, which means... 
DAIRY QUEEN time!
And, who doesn't love Dairy Queen?

From the "French Silk Pie" Blizzards, to the Hot Fudge/Marshmallow shakes, 
and CHERRY Dilly Bars... yummmmmmmm.


The cherry coating just "does me in" every year.
The dipped cones = a world of cherry goodness


So, when I found these CHERRY chips in the grocery store...
I knew I had to do something with them.

(Plus, they are made locally in Green Bay from "Eillien's Candies" - 
and I love buying local products.)


Don't they look so cute?


So... first up... 
I decided to make Red Velvet Cupcakes for my co-anchor's birthday,
 sprinkled with the cherry chips.


I just bought a box of cake mix, and followed the directions.


Then, took out a tub of cream cheese frosting... and used a piping bag.



Sprinkled the cherry chips on top - and... there ya go!
Super good and easy.


With the leftover chips... I decided to make
Cherry Rice Krispie Treats.

Now these... taste JUST like a cherry Dilly Bar - 
but with marshmallows in the middle :)

First up, melt 3 Tablespoons of butter on LOW heat.
Add 1 bag of BIG marshmallows.
Stir until they're all warm and smooth.


Next, take the pot OFF the burner.
Add 4-5 cups of Rice Krispies.


Then, add 1/2 cup of FROZEN cherry chips.
(I'd put them in the freezer for about 2 hours before you use them.)


Some of the chips will melt, and turn the mixture a pinkish/red.
The others, will stay WHOLE.

Spread into a pan.
Let them cool.


Oh man...
I think I could have eaten the entire pan in one sitting.
They are just so heavenly delicious - and remind me of summer.

Trust me...
If you love cherry Dilly Bars - you'll LOVE this recipe.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! These look awesome and I just happen to have cherry chips in my fridge. I think I am about to do something dangerous..........

    ReplyDelete