Thursday, April 21, 2011

"Egg-cellent" Day of Antiquing

I LOVE going to antique stores.

It's something my sister and I really enjoy doing together.



Since moving to Green Bay, I haven't been antiquing -
but FINALLY ventured out this past weekend (on a rainy, snowy day)
and stopped by "Somewhere in Time Antiques."


First off - the store was SUPER cute, clean - and didn't have that "funny smell"
that some antique stores do.

The shelves were filled with LOTS of vases and glassware.


I LOVED this little bedside table - really, really difficult not to buy.


I've secretly always wanted a library index card cabinet.


This one was out of my price range ($300+)...


... but someday, I want one!
I'll probably put it in a home office, entry-way or living room...
like this one from Poetic Home.


This antique store also had lots of fun, vintage purses and jewelry.
This one was from an actress in LA.

(On the tags of each item, it said where the pieces came from.)




This table was one of my FAVORITE pieces!
Love the turquoise color.


Not to mention, the ADORABLE place settings!

It was only $15 for the cup and saucer...
VERY tempting to buy.


The coffee pitcher was also cute and cheerful.


I fell in love with the bench under the table... but it was $60 buckaroos.
They weren't willing to negotiate on the price... 
so I'll wait and see if it comes down a few weeks :)


Look what else I found -
A vintage MILKSHAKE machine!!!
Super fun.


This "kidney shaped" table also caught my eye.
It's covered in table linens at the moment... but take all that out - 
and it could be great in a living room.


Finally... a piece I could NOT live without.
(And, since it was in the "Easter Sale" section, I got 20% off!)

I bought this awesome luggage rack for $25 bucks.
I've always wanted one!


Also bought this adorable vintage car planter for $7.

It reminds me of my Grandpa Jake's old car.
(He passed away 13 years ago.)

I'm going to put a plant in it, and give the planter to my dad as part of
a Father's Day present!


Also found this glass-blown violin.
Very pretty... but didn't buy.


Marbles in jars!!!
Only $5.


My heart stopped beating when I saw this.
So lovely.
Could be used as decoration - or a cookie jar :)


Ball jars GALORE!
Couldn't help it... bought 2 of them :)


Lots of fun, vintage chairs... that just need the seat reupholstered. 




Check out this retro cooler!


And... these retro fans!
Would love to put one of these in my bedroom.
(I'm one of those people that can't sleep without a fan going.)


Once I got home, I immediately set up my new luggage rack.

Not sure where I'm going to put it yet...
but I have some options.

One thing I need to do is take off the OLD ribbon - 
and put on some new bands to hold it together.

Once I do that, it could be used as a place to put my purse.


Could use it as a side table...


... since I don't have one for my couch.


Whenever/whatever I decide, I'll be sure to update :)

All in all...
I bought my luggage rack, car planter, and 2 Ball jars for $50.

Not too shabby for an "Easter" sale at the antique store!

1 comment:

  1. Those fans don't have safety grills.

    But people knew how to behave themselves back then.

    The good ole days :-)

    Great blog post!!!

    ReplyDelete