Monday, May 23, 2011

Lemon Roasted Chicken & Fresh Veggies

I love roasted chicken.
I love lemon.
I love vegetables.

And...
I was looking for something quick to make for dinner...
So, I decided to put all 3 ingredients together.

It was delicious - and (I'm assuming) pretty low in calories too.


What you'll need:

- Fresh chicken 
(I used drum sticks - but feel free to use whatever you like.)

- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt/pepper
- Fresh dill

- Fresh vegetables
(Potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, radishes, zucchini, leeks, etc.)


1.) Wash the chicken off with cold water, and place in a rimmed pan.

2.) Drizzle olive oil over the chicken.

3.) Zest the lemon, and sprinkle over the chicken.

Then, squeeze the juice from the lemon over the top.

Add salt/pepper.


4.) Put the chicken in a 500 degree oven for 15 minutes.


5.) Wash and cut up veggies of your choice.



I used mushrooms, potatoes, shallots and carrots.


6.) Drizzle olive oil over the veggies, and add a sprinkle of salt/pepper.


7.) Pull the chicken out of the oven - and put the veggies over the TOP of the chicken.
Put back in the oven for another 25-30 minutes.


8.) Pull the pan from the oven... the smell is AMAZING!


9.) Sprinkle some fresh dill over the dish... TRUST ME... you want to add it!!!
The mixture of the lemon and the dill = wonderful.



Such a warm, homy "feel good" dish... that literally takes about 45 minutes to make.

It's easy on time...
Easy on your wallet...
and easy on your waistline!




No comments:

Post a Comment