Monday, March 11, 2013

On the Hunt for Fabric

Hey kids.

My parents are in DESPERATE need of a new headboard.
(They upgraded to a bigger bed.)

My mom would love a padded headboard, but they are kinda expensive to buy in the stores.
So... we are going to MAKE OUR OWN this week.
Yup. Pretty excited about it.

First thing to do on the list: FIND FABRIC

Since my parents already have this comforter (below) from Bed Bath & Beyond...


... our color palette is grey, white and blue.

Inspiration from a few photos:





Since my parents' bedspread is BLUE...


... they want a bold (yet subtle) pattern for the fabric headboard.

My mom and I ventured to Hobby Lobby, Mangelsen's and Hitchcock Fabrics to get some ideas.

#1


#2


#3


#4


#5


#6



#7



#8 (plain color)


#9



#10




I have my favorites.... but which one do you like???
Tune in later this week to find out which one we pick :)

No comments:

Post a Comment