Monday, July 18, 2011

Lend Me Your Ears

I have a confession to make:
I am addicted to jewelry.

Not the expensive kind - (although it is nice!) 
But, the "costume" jewelry. FUN jewelry.


Especially earrings.

And for the last year... 
this TABLE is where they've all nestled.


Until Saturday.

That's when I FINALLY pieced together my latest creation.


It all started with this white frame that I bought from Hobby Lobby
for $13.60
(That is a steal!)



I also grabbed a yard of fabric for $4.00 - 
and ironed it out.



Wrapped it AROUND the backing of the picture frame.


Then...
 used tape to hold it in place.
(You can also use staples or spray adhesive.)


Pop the backing into the frame.
(Almost done!)


Next up - 
I got this awesome piece of wall art from
Bed Bath & Beyond for $23.00

(I had a 20% off coupon)



I was looking for something with LOTS of holes in it - 
so the earrings would have places to go :)

Place the wall art DIRECTLY in the middle of the frame.
(Use a ruler to measure it out!)


Get out some small, steel tacks or nails.


Hammer four of them directly into the frame - but BE GENTLE!



Then, hang the frame up on the wall - 
and place the wall art on top of the four nails that are on the frame.



Hang the earrings!


The "nooks and crannies" in the wall art are PERFECT for the earrings to stay put.


And, since we TAPED the fabric to the backing...
you can EASILY switch it out, whenever you get bored with it!



Finally!
A new place to hang my earrings.
And, it looks pretty cute too!


After getting it done... 
I treated myself to a little sushi :)

2 comments: