Saturday, July 30, 2011

Burst of Yellow

Sorry I haven't written in so long!

I've been busy moving into a different place.

But, the one good thing about moving - 
is that you can change things up in your home.

For example - 
this picture...


I was sick of it.

So - 
I decided to buy some gorgeous yellow fabric.
Cost me $9.99 a yard.
(Luckily - I only needed one yard.)


Iron that baby out...


Then, wrap it around the canvas - and staple in place
with a nice, sturdy staple gun.
(It's kind of like you're wrapping a Christmas present.)



Look how much better that is!

$9.99 is cheaper than going out and having to buy new artwork!

(After)


(Before)


Then...
I took the scraps from the fabric - and put 
BURSTS of yellow throughout the room.

One thing to remember - 
you always want 10% of a "splash" of color in a room...
it gives the eye something to look at.

So,
I took my coasters - (they're the ones you can insert photos in) -
and instead...
I inserted a piece of the fabric in each one.
How cute!



I also inserted the fabric into a picture frame.


Notice where it is?
Something up "high" and something down "low."

This is right when you walk into the living room.

The yellow just BURSTS.


Also added my favorite yellow pillows from
TARGET!
Love, love them to pieces.



Also added a burst of yellow to my wall of art work.

These are just pieces of fabric wrapped around canvases...
inserted in frames...
and then some plain frames without anything in them.

A collage of frames and fabric.


One other thing - 
I added yellow fabric to my folding room divider.



Another yellow pillow.


And my yellow flower pot!

In love.

Only cost me $2.00 at Gordmans.
Then, I added a small succulent plant to it.


More room decorating tips to come!

Don't forget...
10% burst of COLOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment