Monday, June 27, 2011

Sweet Summer Salad

One of my absolute favorite things about summer...
SALADS!

And boy, do I have a tasty one for you...
simple known as...
"Sweet Corn Salad."


This salad will feed about 4 people, so if you need more - 
DOUBLE it.

Start with 4 ears of sweet corn.
Put them in boiling water for about 4-5 minutes.


Cut up 1 large cucumber.


Cut up about 1/2 cup of green onions.


Finely chop 1 jalepeno, and about 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.


Also chop 3 tomatoes.


Once your corn is cooked and cooled...
 cut the kernels off the cob.


(Cutting the corn off the cob always takes me back to the 4th grade, when I had braces -
and my dad always had to cut the kernels off, so they wouldn't get 
stuck in my braces! LOL )


Next...
Find a really great "White Balsamic" vinegar.
I really, really like the kind from Marzetti.

OR - you can make your own.

You'll need:
1.) 4 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
2.) 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil


Add to the veggie mixture.


Add salt and pepper.


Toss together, and pop in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.

So pretty, right?!


You can eat the salad EXACTLY like it is...
or put it over a bed of fresh mixed greens.


I took my salad outside, because the weather is FINALLY
feeling like summer in Wisconsin.


A few great magazines...


... and my iPod with my summer tunes :)
Perfect little lunch.


Summertime 2011 Playlist

"Hey, Hey, Hey" - Michael Franti & Spearhead
"Summer Girl" - Leighton Meester
"Shake It" - Michael Franti & Spearhead
"Brighter than the Sun" - Colbie Caillat
"The Lazy Song" - Bruno Mars
"Days Go By" - Keith Urban
"Good Life" - OneRepublic
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" - Straight No Chaser
"Running on Sunshine" - Jesus Jackson
"Ants Marching" - Dave Matthews Band
"Perfect Day" - Lady Antebellum
"One Love" - Bob Marley
"Hope" - Shaggy
"Boys of Summer" - Don Henely
"Dog Days Are Over" - Florence + The Machine
"Come Sail Away" - Styx
"Heat of the Moment" - Asia
"Rumour Has It" - Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment