Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stop and Smell the Lavender

Ever since our family took a trip to Maui in 2010, 
my dad has been obsessed with lavender. 


During our trip, we were looking for something FREE to do...
and a tour guide recommended we check out the Alii Kula Lavender farm in Kula.
(As you can tell from the photos) it's one of the most BEAUTIFUL places. 


The 8.5 acre farm is filled with more than 42 different types of lavender plants and products.


As an added bonus, the entire farm smells AMAZING too!


Anyways...
After taking the trip - my dad was determined to grow lavender in his garden.



This summer...
the plants have REALLY taken off and are blooming beautifully!



Maybe it has something to do with their new neighbors?
My dad got some yellow yarrows on clearance last summer, and decided to plant them near the lavender patch this year.


I think they're so cool.



And...
since both plants are BOOMING in the "blooming department"...


... we've been lucky enough to have LOTS of fresh flowers in the house!


Instead of using a regular (boring) vase, I've been whipping out my favorite decorating accessory:
The Ball jar.


It looks so pretty.
I love the yellows and purples together.
(Plus, they last about 4-5 days inside.)


We are enjoying them while we can.
Before you know it... S-N-O-W will be gracing our doorstep.
I guess that gives us a perfect excuse to go back to Maui :)






No comments:

Post a Comment