Monday, August 20, 2012

Going in Circles


I love art projects - but don't get the chance to do many.
That's why... I was THRILLED when my mom told me, "let's paint something."

The guest bedroom was the target.
(It needed some art work above the bed.)

So, we went to Hobby Lobby... and grabbed these white canvasses for $7 each.


Also bought some acrylic paint.
They were about $4 each (with a coupon.)
One shade of gray (not 50)... and some mustard yellow.


I knew I wanted to do "circles" - so I found an empty yogurt cup...


... and a Bud Light Lime bottle.


I dipped the rim of the yogurt cup in the gray paint... 
and made sure each circle touched at the edges.


Then, I dipped the base of the Bud Light bottle in the yellow paint...
and randomly picked gray circles to place the yellow ones inside.


I tried to get some of the paint to "rise up" a bit - because I wanted to give it a 3D look.


In all, it took me about 30 minutes to paint both canvasses.
And... I think it turned out pretty decent!


Cheap to buy.
Easy to make.
Great to look at.



No comments:

Post a Comment